Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Introducing The Rules

For my critical thinking piece, I have chosen my posting titled “The Rules”.  The prompt asked students to consider and provide insight into David Berreby’s observation “We want to live in tribes…[people] are looking to be told what group they belong to. And then once they do that, they want to know ‘What are the rules’” (123).  The readings I chose to include showcased my understanding of analysis by blending the observations of the readings to drive home the point of the prompt.  In my analysis of the readings, I chose to state “It truly depends on what the rules are and how they apply to each individual person.  That individual person then decides for themselves if they will choose to partake in the rules and comply, thus be accepted into their tribe.”  I was then able to blend an Amish community, an Anorexia community and a Barbie collector community into one piece by showing that each community has it's own set of rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment